Bolton has a lot to offer, from museums filled with ancient artefacts to splendid countryside. Here we’ve listed top ten reasons why you should work in Bolton:
1. Friendliest people you can find in Britain - people in Bolton are believed to be the friendliest people in Britain, according to a survey of the British Association for the Advancement of Science.
2. Enjoy Bolton’s beautiful industrial heritage - Bolton’s wonderful industrial heritage lives on through its canals, coal, cotton and railway. You can explore the city’s various landmarks, statues and historic buildings.
3. Bolton Museum and Art Gallery - Bolton’s place of inspiration, enjoyment and learning. Enjoy the fascinating story of Bolton, its places and people, alongside brilliant displays of Art, Egyptology, Archaeology, Botany and Zoology. The aquarium is the only public place of its kind in Greater Manchester, where you can meet exotic fish, creatures and wildlife from all over the world, including flesh eating piranhas from South America.
4. Bolton Parish Church - a fine example of Victorian Gothic architecture. Its tower is said to be the tallest in Lancashire with spectacular views across the area.
5. Bolton is in close proximity to Manchester and its good transport links and also the UK’s capital of culture, according to travel bible Rough Guides.
6. Explore Barrow Bridge - a former industrial village and once the home of three mills, and one chimney still stands as a monument to the industrial past. Barrow Bridge is also home to the famous 63 steps, mill workers would have used these steps every day to get to work.
7. Discover Curley's Trout Fishery - a 200 year old reservoir, nestled amongst the hills of the West Pennine Moors on the edge of the beautiful Rivington Country Park and is one of the North’s premier fly waters.
8. Explore Doffcocker Nature Reserve - Bolton's first Local Nature Reserve and a site of biological importance.
9. Have a walk in Bolton’s beautiful parks, including Moses Gate Country Park, Moss Bank Park and Queens Park.
10. Visit Rivington Pike and its tower, which can be seen from miles around. It is 361m (1,200ft) above sea level and offers spectacular views. In clear conditions from the tower you can see the Cumbrian Fells in the Lake District, Blackpool Tower and the Isle of Man.
Do you want to work in Bolton?
We have a wide range of AHP jobs in Bolton. What's more, HCL Healthcare is the lead supplier for Bolton NHS Foundation Trust for AHP jobs. This means we have exclusive access to all the shifts before any other agency. Register with us or call us on 08450 639 639.